• Beam & Plate
Beam & Plate Systems deliver a cost-effective alternative to Slide Rail Systems or traditional tight sheet-piling solutions for long-term excavation projects. Lance Rentals’ Beam & Plate Systems are designed by Registered Professional Engineers to meet the specific requirements of your project site and certified to meet OSHA regulations. Through a combination of auguring equipment and vibratory hammers, vertical steel beams are precisely driven into the ground. Steel Plates are then inserted along the channels of the steel beams to provide the necessary protection for the soil wall. Lance Rentals offers a variety of Steel Plate sizes and a diverse offering of vertical steel beam lengths for use in its Beam & Plate Systems.• Faster installation than traditional tight steel sheeting and more cost
• System configuration allows for large open spans and optimal work
• Dig and push installation to desired depth delivers critical support to
adjoining soils and structures
• Guard & Hand Rails
Safety on the job site is Lance Rentals’ number one priority. To enhance safety at the excavation site Lance Rentals carries multiple railing options, all of which meet or exceed OSHA standards. All of our Trench Side Safety Railings are custom designed to attach directly to our fleet of trench safety shores and shields. These railings provide a safety barrier for workers operating in the immediate vicinity of the excavation site and are available in interchangeable and customizable configurations with optional entry gates. Independent Barrier Rails offer superior protection and may be placed above excavated edges at a safe distance to further protect workers and machinery from falls and other potential job-site hazards.
• Horizontal Waler Systems
Horizontal Waler Systems are ideally suited to meet OSHA regulations in less stable soil conditions, such as soil types C-60 and C-80, requiring close or intermittent sheeting. Horizontal Waler Systems are designed to provide maximum protection along with the system flexibility required to work around crossing utility lines. Engineered for use with either hydraulic vertical shore cylinders or hydraulic aluminum box struts, Horizontal Waler Systems can be applied to a variety of soil and sheeting variations to meet your project specific shoring requirements. Selection of the proper system will provide unequalled support for timber, steel, or fiberglass sheeting while allowing for greater distance between the spreaders than in conventional sheeting applications. These features maximize workspace within the open trench and provide greater flexibility. Walers with hydraulic vertical shore cylinders are designed for use in two-sided applications for production work. Walers with hydraulic aluminum box struts allow end-loading in a three-sided application, for pipe repair or valve maintenance. Lance Rental's offers Horizontal Waler Systems in lengths of 8', 10' or 16'. The system, with standard equipment, can be used to shore excavation widths ranging from 17'' to over 12'.• Above-ground installation keeps workers out of dangerous un-shored trenches
• Aluminium alloy construction is lightweight, portable and exceptional strong• Simple hydraulic system is easy to use and offers precise control of
cylinder pre-load with a gauge-regulated hand pump
• Optional single-piece extensions are simple to install in the field and
extend operating ranges for added versatility of trench widths
• P.E. certified for use in A, B, C-60 & C type soils
• Hydraulic Manhole Braces
Lance Rentals’ Hydraulic Manhole Braces combine the benefits of aluminum hydraulic shoring with the strength of steel box tubing. Hydraulic Manhole Braces are specifically designed for projects that require the shoring of square and rectangular excavations. The perimeter support system allows for an unobstructed center shaft work area, and is most commonly employed to secure pits for pump stations, to install or rehabilitate manholes, tanks and vaults, or the operation of trench-less technology equipment.• 4-way hydraulic support with telescoping steel over-sleeves providing exceptional strength
• 4- Corner lifting eye for simple installation and removal
• Quick connect pins, keepers and simple release tools for ease of assembly
• Modular construction in flexible square of rectangle configurations
• Hydraulic Vertical Shores
Hydraulic Vertical Shores deliver the quickest and easiest trench safety solution. Lightweight vertical hydraulic shores apply hydraulic pressure to the sidewalls of a trench, providing proactive protection against a trench collapse. These high-strength, lightweight shores are designed to prevent trench collapse and meet OSHA regulations in soil types A, B & C-60. Hydraulic Vertical Shores are an extremely versatile trench safety system that are excellent for working around existing utilities, supporting trench walls near structures, curbs or sidewalks, and for pipe installation where a larger backhoe cannot be employed.• Above ground installation keeps workers out of un-shored
• Aluminium Alloy Construction is lightweight, portable,
and exceptionally strong
• P.E. Certified for use in A, B, & C-60 soils.
• Easily installed by a single worker
• Cylinder extensions add to range and allow for on-site adaptability
• Hinged, flat cylinder pads allow even load distribution eliminating load bearing on critical connection pins
• Modular Aluminum Boxes
Lance Rental’s Modular Aluminium Boxes are lightweight, modular, portable systems that can be hand assembled in minutes by a two-worker crew into a variety of two, three or four-sided configurations. The product’s unique flexibility allows work crews to make on-site design changes to quickly meet evolving excavation site trench protection requirements. Most configurations are easily transported in a pick-up truck and installed/removed with a rubber tire backhoe. Lance Rental’s Modular Aluminium Boxes are ideal for utility maintenance and repairs, plumbing repairs, vault placements, gas, sewer and water taps or other light utility installations. Multiple panel configurations are optional as well to allow for crossing utilities. Lance Rental’s Modular Aluminium Boxes are combined with adjustablehydraulic spreaders, supporting operating widths of 26” to 8’.
• Round Manguards
These cylindrical, high-strength shields are engineered to protect workers during the installation of manholes, line taps, valve placements and spot repairs. Constructed using corrugated steel welded securely to rigid steel collars, our manhole guards are light enough to be handle with a rubber-tired backhoe. They are easily stacked for deeper applications and feature optional trapezoidal cutouts to allow for incoming utilities while maintaining maximum protection integrity.• Constructed using high-strength corrugated steel
• Adjustable leg supports provide simple bottom clearance flexibility for incoming utilities
• Combined lifting eyes and stacking guides provide secure attachment points as well as assist in aligning vertically stacked shields
• Shields feature quick connect pins and flat mating surfaces for simple stacking and adjustment
• Sheeting Guide
Sheeting guides can be used in place of Shields where shoring the trench is preferred. Our sheeting guides produce minimum vibrations by pushing and digging lap sheeting. Our sheeting guides are a Lance Rental exclusive; please contact us for specific TAB data. Tel. 713-383-7700• Traditional Shield spreaders are used
• Addresses conflicting Trench Utilities
• Custom design for 2 sided trench uses and 4 sided pit uses
12', 16', and 20' models available
• Optional timber frames can be used on trench interior where
required timber to be left in trench to protect pipe
• Steel Sheeting
Custom bent steel sheeting is very strong with a high strength to weight ratio. Our cap design covers a full 24", resulting in less product required to cover more trench feet. The steel sheet pile's 3/8" material thickness and 3-3/8" sheeting height allows for ease of pushing the sheeting to grade and increases production efficiency.
• Steel Frame Aluminum Trench Shields
- Lance Rental’s Steel Frame Aluminum Trench Shields
are designed for both strength and weight savings. Our rugged product features, steel lifting and pulling eyes, and are designed with heavy-duty staking sockets and foam-filled walls among other high performance features. The steel spreaders are interchangeable for adjusting to varied trench widths.
A strong steel frame optimizes strength to weight ratios while maintaining minimal sidewall thickness. The design helps to prevent lateral movement of soil. Steel Frame Aluminum Trench Shields are in wide use as a solution for trench excavations, contractors, utilities and plumbers, many municipalities see this solution as the ideal system for pipeline and sewer projects and other pit applications where high-capacity is required. Our design makes it simple to move the trench along as the work progresses by dragging.
Our narrow profile, double-wall, extruded aluminum panniers offer exceptional strength-to-weight ratios and smooth exterior walls shed debris and reduce pulling friction. This design is ideal for municipal and light utility installations and where maintenance and repair require fast moving operations. The toughness of a drag box with the benefit of an aluminum shield weigh.
• Replaceable push blocks protect your structure when pushing the shield to grade
• 1⁄2” steel reinforcement plates for added strength
• 5 spreader sockets
• Heavy-duty stacking sockets for proper align ment in deeper applications
• Thru-wall spreader sockets for added strength and durability
• Accessible lifting sockets for simple handling 2, 3, and 4 sided system configurations 4-point lifting system to facilitate easier installation and
• Steel Trench Shields
Lance Rental’s Steel Trench Shields offer flexibility and nimble operation your project. Durable and flexible steel shields are ideal of use in applications where shallow depth is expected or where high capacity is not a requirement. Utilizing lower pipe clearance and smaller spreader allows for the use of lighter lifting machines and dragging.
Our Steel Trench Shields feature replaceable push blocks that can reduce structural damage and are a light weight tubular design, Single Wall shields are available in flat-bottom or knife edge configurations. Wall lifting pockets and spreader pins with keepers make logistics with Steel Trench Shields a simper task.• Replaceable push blocks protect your structure when pushing the shield to grade
• 1⁄2" steel reinforcement plate3s for added strength
• 5 spreader sockets Heavy-duty stacking sockets for proper alignment in deeper applications
• Thru-wall spreader sockets for added strength and durability
• Accessible lifting sockets for simple handling
• Available in flat or knife bottom models
• 2, 3, and 4 sided system configurations
• 4-point lifting system to facilitate easier installation and removal
• Steel Plates
- All of Lance steel plates are made from ASTMA A-36 grade steel, making them safe and durable for both vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Lance steel plates are equipped with corner and/or center lift connection points, accessible from both plate sides. The plates can be lifted with rubber-tired backhoes, allowing for fast and easy installation and removal. The lifting connection points provide for the quickest, easiest, strongest, safest and more cost-effective lifting method in the market. Lance steel plates stocks a large supply of Steel Plates at each of its locations and offers quick and safe delivery and pickup to any jobsite.